Today I released the early beta version of Math-o-mir 1.61. The reason I decided to release beta now, is the ’embarrasing’ bug described on this blog (see earlier posts)… You can download it from the homepage (http://gorupec.awardspace.com/mathomir.html)
So, what bugs are resolved:
- when ‘keyboard implanting’ is used, all selections made by mouse are ignored. Only selections made by keyboard matter. This was the ’embarrasing’ bug.
- the command to draw a rectangle in the drawing box ‘rect width,height’ is corrected. Now it works OK even at any zoom level.
- when an equation is picked up and then placed down (copy – paste), its font size is adjusted according the original equation font size (until now, the font was reset to the default size)
What are new features:
- new command is added \func[function_name]. For example: \funcmin (this creates function called ‘min’).
- new command is added \unit[unit_name]. For example: \unitpeso (this creates unit called ‘peso’).
- when you entering functions or variables, you can type the ‘ character (single quotation mark) at its end. You can even use commands like \gamma’ or \funcmax’ to create variable or function with the ‘ character. BTW, the behaviour of the ‘ character is quite changed in this version, but I hope there will be no problems for long time users.
- now you can enter functions as greek symbols using command like \funcGamma (You can, of course also use: \funcGamma’).
- indexes can now be added to functions easily. You can hit the ‘_’ (underscore) key as the first key in the function argument, or just after you typed the command (like \sin and then just hit the underscore key)
- exponents can now be added to functions easily. Hit the ALT+number (or the ‘^’ key) as the first thing in the function argument, or just after you typed the command
- the big difference is that you can now hit the ‘(‘ key as the first thing in the function argument, and the function argument will become enclosed by parentheses. Some long-time users will have to get used to it.
- there are differences in handling ‘integral’ symbols (no automatic parentheses).
- function names are displayed in dark-green color to differ from variable names
- new commands are added \e and \i (natural number, imaginary unit)
- selection by keyboard is improved. You can use SHIFT+home and SHIFT+end keystrokes to select.
- by hitting the ‘ENTER’ key while anything was selected using keyboard, you will open the context menu
- using CTRL+V, CTRL+X, CTRL+C you can now copy, cut, paste with keyboard while in keyboard entry mode
- using CTRL+V you can paste a plain text from windows clipboard (while keyboard entry mode is active)
- new commands are added \d and \par
- new commands are added \dx, \dy, \dt
- the ‘center parentheses content’ option is removed from Math-o-mir
Anyway, write me a mail if you need better explanation of have any other suggestion.